Tuesday, 26 May 2015

ESTEE LAUDER PURE COLOR EYELINER KAJAL DUO REVIEW

 Don’t you all just love it when you have relatives visiting from abroad and they just shower you with the high end cosmetics that you’ve always wanted? Well, a similar situation arose for my when my aunt visited from USA, and pampered me with the choicest of makeup. Out of them all, the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeliner Kajal duo is my absolute favorite and has become a staple in my everyday make up bag.




















ABOUT ESTEE LAUDER:


"EVERY WOMAN CAN BE BEAUTIFUL" – ESTÉE LAUDER
With a reputation for innovation, sophistication and superior quality, Estée Lauder is one of the world’s most renowned beauty brands, producing iconic skin care, makeup and fragrances. For over 65 years, they have stayed true to the philosophy that inspired their founder, Estée Lauder: Every Woman Can Be Beautiful. The pure color range has a wide variety of products ranging from eye pencils, liner shadows to lip colors and stains.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

·         Dual-ended creamy pencil packs intense color impact.
·         Use black for bold definition.
·         Rich, deeply pigmented color.
·         Glides on velvety smooth.
·         Blends easily.
·         Apply on inner and outer rim of eyes for added drama.
·         Sharpens easily with the Estée Lauder Pencil Sharpener.
·         FORMULA FACTS
          Ophthalmologist-tested
          Dermatologist-tested
·         Fragrance-free benefits
·         Creamy 2-in-1 pencil. Two shades, intense impact. Dual-ended pencil, intense color.


PRICE- $23



PACKAGING AND GET UP:
It looks like a simple double sided pencil, nothing too fancy, with the eternal Estee Lauder brand name printed in gold. It requires a sharpener on both sides and is encased with plastic caps. It is light weight, low space occupying and can be quite handy to carry in your bag

COLOR AND TEXTURE:
From what I could make out from reading about the product online, it has two varieties. There is a black and blue one and a black and black one. I got a black and black duo with the two shades being blackened black and blackened cocoa. I think I was very happy with my color because shades of black look very exquisite on the Indian skin tone, As for the texture it lives up to the product description of being creamy.

MY EXPERIENCE
I would firstly like to tell you that I’m not a big fan of eyeliner pencils. I find it much easier to operate gel or liquid liners but I must say that I was very impressed with this particular product. First of all, it is actually buttery smooth, much like crayon and very easy to apply. The shade of blackened black is a very rich shade and works well to be used as daily wear kohl. The cocoa black looks better when applied as a liner on the upper lid and the creamy texture works well if you want to smudge it for a smoky look. The product has good longevity and lasts for quite a long time but not like the cheap brands which refuse to go off even after lots of scrubbing. It is odorless, which should be thumbs up for those who do not like or are allergic to cosmetic smell. It is gentle on the skin too, as you don’t have to press too hard to apply it. Overall I couldn’t be happier with the product.


THUMBS UP
·         Light weight and easy to carry around
·         Good quality plastic caps which increases the shelf life of the product
·         Really great texture
·         Easy to apply and smooth intense finish
·         Rich exquisite shades
·         Odorless and gentle on skin


THUMBS DOWN
·         Price (but it’s Estee lauder, now don’t complain)
·         Has to be sharpened often and to perfection
·         Not smudge proof


OVERALL CONCLUSION AND WILL I BUY IT AGAIN
Out of all the pencil liners I have used, this is my very favorite and the smudge proof part doesn’t bother me because it’s really great for smoky eyes. The smoothness and texture makes you fall in love with the product and I would definitely buy it again and strongly recommend it

SWATCH



RATING: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment